LDMD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tanking anxiety

3 posters

Go down

Tanking anxiety Empty Tanking anxiety

Post by Anain Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Does anyone else get this? I really want to try tanking but as soon as I think of leading the group in a dungeon I can't do it. I just stop leveling the job. Think I'm not cut out for it. I was excited for drk, but I might be stuck dps or healing lol

Anain

Back to top Go down

Tanking anxiety Empty Re: Tanking anxiety

Post by QuincyFox Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:58 pm

Thing you have to remember is, tanking isn't any more difficult than dps or healing. You're just not used to the role yet. I switched from maining WHM/SCH to maining DRK and I'm having a blast. Just take charge and pull what you want when you want, everyone has your back.
QuincyFox
QuincyFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Anain Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:30 pm

Yeah, that's true I guess. I guess my problem is I fear that people are gonna be impatient. Everyone wants speed runs for everything. Maybe I'll just give it a shot and try to get used to the role. Thanks Smile

Anain

Back to top Go down

Post by QuincyFox Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:32 pm

You'll get into speed running before you know it. Once you get comfortable pulling and maintaining agro, speeding through groups won't seem like such a big deal.
QuincyFox
QuincyFox

Back to top Go down

Post by Kas Croixe Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:57 pm

Happens to every tank. Just remember one thing: You have an instant queue, and you'll more than likely never see these people again. Don't take this as me saying "be an asshat diva" because everyone hates that guy. But at the same time, do not be a pushover. Someone tries to smack talk you for being slow the first time in new content? Headbutt their dumb ass back in line!

Also play some good "pump" music I personally like things like two steps from hell, or metal, or really anything with a good base.

Kas Croixe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum